The professional system in the State of Kuwait aims to establish rules that pave the way for the player to move from hobby to partial professionalism and then to total professionalism in order to achieve a financial return for him, and to find rules and controls governing the player’s relationship with the club, the Kuwait Sports Federation and the International Federation of the game.
Partial professionalism is in which the player gives part of his time for the game and is given a monthly bonus determined annually by the Professional Committee according to the classification of players proposed by the Professional Committee and approved by the Board of Directors of the General Authority for Youth and Sports.
Obligations of the professional player partially in the professional contract
In professional contracts, the partially professional player must abide by the regulations, laws, regulations, decisions and circulars issued by the Public Authority for Youth and Sports, the Kuwait Sports Federation for the game, the International Federation for the Game, the Sports Customs, and the texts of the professional contract concluded with the club.
The player must abide by the following:
- Commitment to training dates, whether inside or outside the club, and to attend the club to perform the exercises on the dates it decides.
- Participation within the club team in all local and foreign tournaments and competitions.
- Commitment to the training camps organized by the club, whether inside or outside Kuwait.
- Join the national teams if he is selected and called up, and participate in his training camps and the tournaments he participates in.
- Not to take any stimulant or internationally prohibited substances or drugs.
- Commitment to good behavior and maintaining public morals and public order, whether with fellow players or the coaching and administrative staff of the club, other clubs and fans.
- Respect the refereeing staff during matches and competitions and implement their decisions in a sporting spirit.
- Obtaining the club’s written approval in case of traveling outside Kuwait during the sports season, and the club must give the player permission to travel whenever necessary.
- Attending technical tests and periodic medical examinations according to the dates set by the technical and medical bodies of the club and the federation.
- Not to participate in any sporting activity or play in friendly matches other than his club unless after obtaining the written approval of his club.
- Participate and exert his efforts and technical capabilities in training and matches, unless the player’s health condition does not allow this according to a medical report issued by an approved authority.
The club’s obligations in the professional contract
The club abides by the regulations, laws, regulations, decisions and circulars issued by the Public Authority for Youth and Sports, the Kuwait Sports Federation and the International Game Federation, and the texts of the professional contract concluded with the partially professional player.
The club must provide all technical equipment that will help the player to raise his technical level, provide health care to the player, commit to treating him in case of injury, and provide the player with the opportunity to join the national teams and training camps if requested by the Game Association, and the club is committed in the professional contract to transfer the agreed financial reward It is with the player in the professional contract at the player’s expense.
Settlement of disputes in the professional player contract partially
When a dispute arises between the club and the player regarding the implementation of the contract, the two parties seek to reach an amicable agreement to resolve the dispute, In the event of a non-friendly settlement, the dispute shall be presented to the arbitral tribunal at the headquarters of the General Court competent to look into sporting disputes, or the competent Kuwaiti courts in the event of disagreement on resorting to the arbitral tribunal.
If you are looking for a Kuwaiti law firm that specializes in providing legal services to the securities, capital and stock market activities, you can count on us at Taqneen, Law Firm and Legal Consultations.
To book an appointment or request legal advice about the duties of securities companies in the optimal implementation of clients’ orders, we are pleased to receive your inquiries at (info@Taqneen.com).